Inscribed in pencil on the support verso, "Hodenpyl Park."
In 1912, Mr. Anton G. Hodenpyl gifted 40 acres of land to the city of East Grand Rapids, MI to be used as a park. The park is variously referred to as "Hodenplyl Woods" or "Forest Park. The view seen in this canvas may be a channel-like area of the park leading south to nearby Reeds Lake which is likely the body of water seen in the background.
See also MILW1239, MILA1519 and MILA1545.