Mission San Antonio de Pala

Date Created
1934
Work Medium
Dimensions
26 in. x 32 in.
CR Number
CR.MJA.CAAR353
Signature
Signed: M. Alten lower right
Signature Details
The cemetery at the San Antonio de Pala mission. San Antonio de Pala was a sub-mission of Mission San Luis Rey de Francia. It was established in 1816 by Padre Antonio Peyri and is the only surviving Asistencia in the mission system. The Asistencia was named in honor of Saint Anthony of Padua.

See also Mission San Antonio de Pala (CAAR 354) and Mission San Antonio de Pala (CAAR 355).
Thesaurus of Geographic Names Location
Provenance

Private collection

Bibliography

No author noted, "Quaint California Missions - Painted by M. J. Alten," The Grand Rapids Mirror Magazine, May-June 1934, Vol. 2, No. 2., ill

Subjects
Architectural
California