Westside Canal in Winter
12.125 in x 16 in x ;20.5" x 23"
Thesaurus of Geographic Names Location
Art & Architecture Thesaurus Categories
The West Side canal was built along the Grand River to provide water to West Side Grand Rapids factories. West Side Power was built along the canal in 1866-67 by William T. Powers to provide power to his factory, the Powers & Ball sash and door operation. The Grand Rapids Light and Power Company also took advantage of the canal’s waterpower.
Snowy vertical landscape with a frown river at center, snowy banks on either side. Building and bare trees towards the background.
Gift of George H. and Barbara Gordon